Dan focuses his practice on a wide range of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, construction and permanent financing and retail and office leasing. For almost a decade, Dan has represented one of America’s largest private corporations in connection with the acquisition and development of their retail convenience store and motor fuel sales locations in the Carolinas. Dan also routinely handles matters relating to entity formation, venture equity investments and debt financing, and is an approved attorney for multiple national and regional title insurance companies.
Dan began his career in commercial litigation and made the transition to commercial real estate by representing national wireless telecommunications companies in site acquisition, leasing and zoning matters.
Dan has been named a North Carolina SuperLawyers Rising Star in both 2017 and 2018.
Dan received his J.D. from Northeastern University School of Law, where he was a member of the law school’s ABA National Appellate Advocacy Moot Court team, and his B.A. from the College of the Holy Cross, where he was a four-year letter winner for the Crusaders’ Division I FCS level football team.
Dan grew up in Hollywood, Florida and now resides in Charlotte, North Carolina with his wife, Kristin and their two children.
- Commercial Real Estate Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Commercial Real Estate Financing
- Retail and Office Leasing
- Business Entity Organization and Formation
- Real Estate Title Practice
- J.D., Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, 2004
- B.A., College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Massachusetts, 2001
- Associate, The Law Offices of Swindell & Jones, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Associate, Prince, Lobel, Glovsky & Tye, LLP, Boston, Massachusetts
- Law Clerk, Looney & Grossman, LLP, Boston, Massachusetts
- Law Clerk, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, Field Office, Boston, Massachusetts
- Clerk, Honorable Peter W. Agnes, Jr., Massachusetts Superior Court, Boston, Massachusetts
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association